An adequate dressing room space has become one of the most essential parts of any specialty boutique. The dressing room can complement the overall space within the boutique or it can be a destination all its own. Traditionally, we are accustomed to the dressing rooms inside of department stores or discount stores consisting of simply four walls and a door. Now, dressing rooms have become part of the shopping experience. We have a few suggestions for you to keep in mind when you are ready to outfit your dressing room.
- Make sure to provide your customer an area with a reasonable amount of space. Even if your space is limited, you will want to keep in mind that your customer will want to be comfortable and able to move around without difficulty.
- Wall hooks are always an important part of a changing room experience. Make sure to provide a series of hooks, a hangrail, or even grid panels for your customer to hang their clothing on. The ease of the transition from disrobing and redressing is a major part of what makes a good dressing room work.
- A full length mirror should always be available within the dressing room or just outside of the space. It's always a good idea for your customer to see what the outfit looks like from head to toe. We carry cheval (oval style) mirrors in ivory or cobblestone finishes that allow for adjustments in the angle of the mirror.
- If space allows for it, add a chair for your customer to sit on or an ottoman for them to place merchandise on. Again, this is just a little something extra to allow your customer to have a complete shopping experience.
- Additional accessories like a contrasting wall color or even a rug are interesting details that will leave an impression on your customer. The more comfortable they feel, the more likely they will become a repeat customer. Those little details provide an experience that shopping online cannot give them. Finally, make sure if your customer needs anything, there is someone there to help them.
Check out our entire boutique fixture line, here!