Keeping your customers coming back into your store is a common challenge anytime of the year. The holiday season presents its own set of unique challenges. It can be very difficult to compete with larger retailers but there are ways for you to stand out and keep your customer coming back for more. Here are some creative ideas to keep your customers coming back after Small Business Saturday.
- Offer promotions on SBS and continue to do events and promotions throughout the season. This is very important because consistency is a key factor especially for online marketing and social media. During the season you may want to promote a new offer each week leading up to the end of the year to keep those customers coming back.
- After the holiday season, continue offering an in-store event 1-2 times a month. It doesn’t always have to involve something monetary. It is always a good idea for the activity to be something unique to what you sell in your store or your industry.
- Keep your customers guessing about what’s to come in your store. You can tie in an event with giving out clues on your social media first. Offering a special surprise gift or coupon for the customer that guesses the event on social media. This is a great way to maintain your audience.
- Make sure you are in your store and seen by customers during peak hours.
As an owner or store manager, it is always a good idea to maintain a presence in your store during peak hours. Get a sense of when and where your store sees the most foot traffic. Your presence in the store can elevate your customer’s experience by interacting directly with you. Providing both good service as well as great customer service is a special opportunity that customers cannot get from larger retailers.
- Offer at least one service in your store that usually costs money and give it away for free if you can.
Larger retailers offer all sorts of services and they usually charge for each of them. If you offer monogramming, offer it for free, even if it’s only for a limited time. If you offer custom sizing at an upcharge, wave the fee. If you charge for an installation or repair, wave it for a limited time throughout the year. Any of these ideas are ways that customers will see that you are willing to earn their business and keep them coming back. Nothing sells your business more than letting your customers try your products or services for free!
There are all sorts of great ideas about Small Business Saturday and beyond in Customer Connection. Please explore our information and get creative.