Small Business Saturday is fast becoming a very popular retail movement within the small business community.
Small Business Saturday is sponsored by American Express and will take place this year on November 25th. We want to offer you 5 quick tips on how to make the most of your Small Business Saturday by spreading the word on social media.
- Use the hashtag #ShopSmall. The #ShopSmall hashtag is a way for your followers to know that you are participating in Small Business Saturday. You can add the hashtag within any picture that you take for Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest. You can also use the hashtag within your tweets on Twitter.
- Create a custom profile or cover picture. Whenever you customize your social media it brings attention to your page. Use your participation in Small Business Saturday to create a fun and exciting page. Take pictures of your store window or post pictures of displays within your store that will be featured for the day of the event. This will get your customers excited and sets the tone for what’s to come.
- Offer a special promotion. Sales and promotions are always a good idea especially during Small Business Saturday, but try incorporating them into social media. Offer a coupon that can be used online or in-store that is available only on your social media page.
- Post pictures and tweet throughout the day of Small Business Saturday. Some of your customers will be shopping all day. They will be connected to social media, so make sure you keep your page up to date too. If you don’t have time to post during the day, take some photos and schedule your posts ahead of time. Post pictures of your store and interaction with customers while they shop and encourage your employees to get in on the fun too!
- Have fun. We always want to encourage you to enjoy the process and have fun. At times we get so caught up in the planning and preparing for an event that once it arrives, you’re exhausted. Perhaps this is always the case with running a small business, but it doesn’t have to be. Take the time to prepare for your event. If you don’t have a full day available, do a few things over a number of weeks. There are so many online tools available to you that are free, take advantage of them and utilize them to set you up for success.
Looking to use social media as a sales tool? Click here!